This item is anticipated to start shipping October 22, 2020.
This pre-order is fully cancelable and the standard 30-day return policy applies after the item is shipped.
The NODO Inertia Wheels 3-Axis Pro Kit is a complete long-range wireless, pan, tilt, roll controller featuring proprietary Inertia Motors™ inside the pan and tilt wheels. The Inertia Wheels are compatible with Freefly MōVI, DJI Ronin, and more gimbals. The controller has dual-band, long-range 400-950MHz+2.4GHz wireless communication beyond 1 mile with a fast refresh rate of 100Hz. Optional hardwire connection of up to 2000ft. This Pro Kit includes the add-on Third Axis wheel and extra accessories for demanding sets.
- Proprietary Adjustable Weighted Wheels
- Wireless Long-Range Camera Controller
- Compatible with DJI Ronin, MōVI and many more
- Third Axis Wheel
- 1 Mile Wireless Range
- 2000ft Cabled Range
- 10ms latency
- Transmit on 434MHz, 868MHz, 915MHz
- Receive on 2.4GHz
- Built-in frequency scanner
For the first time ever, the weightiness of the wheels is adjustable. This provides not only a more enjoyable operating experience, but also the ability to choose a weightiness that suits the shot—or switch mid-shot with a preset. The motors actively stabilize and smooth the wheel movements in the exact same way as a brass wheel, and it feels great too.
The Inertia Motors also provide selectable drag. Other wheels use mechanical brake pads that can wear down over time. The Inertia Wheels drag is driven by contactless electromagnets, and drag presets can be saved and recalled instantly mid-shot.
Haptic Soft Limits™
When the camera stops at a limit, so do the wheels. The operator can now feel for the first time when a limit is hit when the motors bring the wheel to a stop precisely where the camera is (patent-pending).
Control roll (even without the optional 3rd Axis). Set soft limits*, choose a constant roll rate, offset roll to whatever angle you’d like, all with the easy to use menu system and dashboard. And with MōVI Pro’s you can roll precisely on lens axis.
* Feature is planned in a free future firmware updates.
Optional 3rd Axis
The Third Axis wheel allows precise control of roll, as well as allows mapping of other axis on control, such as focus, iris, or zoom on compatible gimbals.
Compact, Light, Travel Friendly
At 12 lbs, fully built, the Inertia Wheels are one of the lightest wheel controllers ever designed. And thanks to the Inertia Motors, the lightweight, durable aluminum wheels have the same weightiness and feel of heavier metals, like brass, without the hassle of a delicate, heavy metal. The Inertia Wheels come with a custom foam insert so the wheels can travel built.
1 Mile Range Full Duplex Wireless
Film sets are crowded with wireless sources—most operating at 2.4GHz. The Inertia Wheels come with a full-duplex 434MHz*, 868MHz*, 915MHz*, and 2.4GHz transmitters. A built-in frequency scanner scans nearby frequencies helps find the best channel.
* Users must follow local wireless regulations for available license-free frequencies.
MōVI Pro API Support
The wheels take advantage of Freefly’s MōVI API support to bring sophisticated integration with MōVI Pro and XL gimbals. Control roll, focus, iris, zoom, motor pause, as well as see feedback such as battery levels back from the gimbal.
The Inertia Wheels feature a unique, powerful dashboard for use while operating. Two knobs and 4 custom user buttons keep what you want to access during the shot within reach. LED lights around the knobs change to help indicate with the parameter is being controlled.
Selectively add-in handheld camera movements with the turn of a knob. Fade in or out handheld movement to create a unique in-camera transition. We tracked real camera movements for playback. Control the intensity and speed of the effects.
* Feature is available in beta, with greater support coming in a free future firmware update.
Pro Kit Value
The 3-Axis Pro Kit includes $2,100 of accessories not included in the 2-Axis Kit. These extra cables provide more flexibility and confidence on set.
- Third Axis - $1,750 Value
- XLR Power Cable - $160 Value
- Third Axis 6ft Cable - $120 Value
- Extra Com Cable - $35 Value
- Extra S.Bus Cable - $35 Value
All for $1,500. Savings of $600.
- Freefly: MōVI Pro, MōVI XL, MōVI M5, M10, M15
- DJI: Ronin 2, Ronin 1, Ronin MX, Ronin M, Ronin S
- eMotimo: ST4(More info)
- More coming...
- Power: 10-35v DC Lemo Port
- Data: 2x UART Lemo Ports
- Hardwire: 4-Pin Molex
- Micro USB 2.0
- Range: 1 Mile
- Uplink: 400-500 and 800-1000 MHz
- Downlink: 2.4 GHz
- Weight: 12lbs
- Battery Mounting Patterns: Gold Plate + V-Lock
- Base Holes: 4x 3/8-16 & 4x 1/4-20
- 4x Rubber Feet
- 3x Mitchell Mount Key Way Holes at 0°, 45° and 90°
- Inertia Wheels 2-Axis System
- Third Axis Wheel
- 4in Third Axis Cable
- 6ft Third Axis Cable
- Accessory Bracket
- Wireless Receiver
- 30v AC-DC Power Supply and Cable
- D-Tap Power Cable
- XLR Power Cable
- Foam (fits SKB 2011-8 Case)
- 2x Com cable for connection to Freefly Gimbals
- 2x S-Bus Cable for connection to DJI and S-Bus Gimbals
- 20ft Hardwire Cable
- 2.4 GHz TX Antenna
- 900 MHz TX Antenna
- 900 MHz RX Antenna