The NODO Inertia Wheels MAX 2-Axis is a wireless long-range digital camera controller featuring proprietary, patented MAX Inertia Motors™ inside the wheels. Operators can use both mass and drag to help both creatively and technically to achieve difficult and creative shots. The Inertia Wheels are compatible with Freefly MōVI, DJI Ronin, and more gimbals. The controller has dual-band, long-range 400-950MHz+2.4GHz wireless communication beyond 1 mile with a fast refresh rate of 100Hz. Optional hardwire connection of up to 2000ft.
Optional TB50 Expansion Pack
We've partnered with Ignite Digi to create the ultimate power solution for Inertia Wheels that includes regulated ports for accessories, leverages the power of TB50 batteries, and adds hot-swapping with block batteries.
- High Torque Solid State PCB Motors
- Patented Adjustable Weighted Wheels
- Wireless Long-Range Camera Controller
- Compatible with DJI Ronin, MōVI and many more
- Optional 3rd Axis Wheel
- 1 Mile Wireless Range
- 2000ft Cabled Range
- 10ms latency
- Transmit on 434MHz, 868MHz, 915MHz
- Receive on 2.4GHz
- Built-in frequency scanner
NEW MAX Motors
The Inertia Wheels MAX Motors have 3x the torque, 6x the current, and 4x the encoder resolution of the Inertia Wheels Brushless. The MAX motors enable operators to make the wheels feel even heavier by adjusting the Mass setting. The feeling of weight in the wheels also physically stabilizes the wheel and therefore the image—all without adding latency to operating experience. For premiere operators, there are no other wheels that offers more flexibility and control.
Printed Circuit Board Motor Design
MAX motors feature a world-first, revolutionary, solid-state printed circuit board stator. The motor is fully encapsulated in a thin pancake-shaped ring. The motor design was optimized by an algorithm specifically for camera operators. The feel of these motors is as groundbreaking as the form factor.
3x peak torque and 6x peak current enable the artificial mass and drag of the motors to be pushed much higher than before. Operators can operate without concern for motor slips and get the feel they want for the shot.
Over three years, NODO has listened to operator feedback to develop a suite of powerful operator-centric software features available exclusively in the Inertia Wheels. With the launch of the MAX motors, NODO is bundling these features into the Arc Engine. And with our ongoing firmware updates, more are coming.
- Single Push Limits - One push to set a repeatable mark.
- Limit Softening - Feather camera stops with precision.
- Shake - Give the camera some energy with shake.
- Handheld - Dial in an exact handheld look, even live during a shot.
- Adaptive Dampening - Smooth out sharpness in operating without latency using NODO’s proprietary real-time acceleration analysis.
- Smoothing - Smooth out bumpy operating with classic averaging.
Included Training App
Our free training app allows rookie and veteran operators alike to practice in their free time. Leverage the power of muscle memory to build operating comfort free from the pressures of set. Available on Mac and PC.
Inertia Wheels MAX and Brushless support:
- DJI Ronin (1, 2, M, MX, RS, RS2)
- Freefly MōVI (Pro, XL)
- Arri Trinity 1 / Maxima*
- eMotimo ST4
- Inspire 2*
- Newton Nordic*
- Kessler Cineshooter*
- Talon Head*
- Defy EX Camera*
- Filmotechnic Heads*
- Virtual Production: Cinetracer, Unreal Engine, Cinema4D
- NODO Training Software
* Requires additional hardware for support.
Industry Leading Wireless Range/Reliability
The Inertia Wheels MAX include the same advanced, long-range, full-duplex dual 800-900MHz and 2.4GHz radios for up to 1-mile wireless range. Where other wheels fail, the Inertia Wheels radios have achieved legendary status amongst drone pilots and professionals all over the world.
Optional 3rd Axis
Shipping in 2020, the add-on 3rd Axis wheel allows precise control of roll, as well as allows mapping of other axis on control, such as focus, iris, or zoom on compatible gimbals.
Compact, Light, Travel Friendly
At 12 lbs, fully built, the Inertia Wheels are one of the lightest wheel controllers ever designed. And thanks to the Inertia Motors, the lightweight, durable aluminum wheels have the same weightiness and feel of heavier metals, like brass, without the hassle of a delicate, heavy metal. The Inertia Wheels come with a custom foam insert so the wheels can travel built.
MōVI Pro API Support
The wheels take advantage of Freefly’s MōVI API support to bring sophisticated integration with MōVI Pro and XL gimbals. Control roll, focus*, iris*, zoom*, motor pause, as well as see feedback such as battery levels back from the gimbal.
The Inertia Wheels feature a unique, powerful dashboard for use while operating. Two knobs and 4 custom user buttons keep what you want to access during the shot within reach. LED lights around the knobs change to help indicate with the parameter is being controlled.
Selectively add-in handheld or shaky camera movements with the turn of a knob. Fade in or out to create a unique in-camera transition. We tracked real camera movements for playback. Control the intensity and speed of the effects.
- Freefly: MōVI Pro, MōVI XL
- DJI: Ronin 2, Ronin 1, Ronin MX, Ronin M, Ronin S
- eMotimo: ST4(More info)
- More coming...
- Power: 10-35v DC Lemo Port
- Data: 2x UART Lemo Ports
- Hardwire: 4-Pin Molex
- Micro USB 2.0
- Range: 1 Mile
- Uplink: 400-500 and 800-1000 MHz
- Downlink: 2.4 GHz
- Weight: 12lbsBattery
- Battery Mounting Patterns: Gold Plate + V-Lock + Ignite Digi TB50
- Base Holes: 4x 3/8-16 & 4x 1/4-20
- 4x Rubber Feet
- 3x Mitchell Mount Key Way Holes at 0°, 45° and 90°
- Inertia Wheels
- Third Axis Wheel
- 6in Third Axis Cable
- 12ft Third Axis Cable
- Accessory Bracket
- Wireless Receiver
- 24v AC-DC Power Supply and Cable
- XLR Power Cable
- D-Tap Power Cable - 18in
- Foam (fits SKB 2011-8 Case)
- 2x Com cable for connection to Freefly Gimbals
- 2x Ronin Cable for connection to DJI
- 20ft Hardwire Cable
- 2.4 GHz TX Antenna
- 900 MHz TX Antenna
- 900 MHz RX Antenna